Saturday 22 February 2014

What is in a name?

What is in a name?
M’reen ©

Of the names in my father’s family tree from 1100 to 1340, Robert, William and Isabel form part of
3 of my 4 sibling’s names and I have an aunty Olive and Agnes.
From my mother’s family from 1830 the following names are repeated: Mary, Robert, Isabel, Edward and William. I started out as Jane after my mother and became Maureen because my father thought that Maureen O’Hara, the film star, was so beautiful.

This is really an up-date or correction to my article:
How do I know if I have a problem and how big it is?    
I asked a lady to muscle test if her name was xxx and nothing happened!!!!
I got the feeling that she didn’t like her name, so I had to think a little
as happens every time something goes wrong or you need to check your results.
It would have been more appropriate to ask, ‘is xxxx the name this person/group knows me as?’
I have three names dependent upon who I am with; there is my family name, the name I’ve used
for over a decade and that has 3 spellings as I try to get the printed word to generate the sound
of my name. Then there is the name I call myself and is only used by two people.
I suppose I could add personal family names and pet names to the list.
Oh, I’ve been called Miss Morning and Mummeen by 3 year olds and I do like those names.
Before you jump in, No, I don’t have a problem with my personality.
Think of yourself as child, parent, employer, holidaymaker, confident, scared or any other part
you may play during the course of a day and you still know who you are.
I don’t pretend to understand numerology but my family name – which was not my birth name – matches the name I choose for myself. I just thought that I’d throw that one in.

Why might a person not muscle test to the name they have just introduced themselves as?
As pointed out, it might not be the name they consciously or subconsciously recognise themselves as. It may be a name they feel belongs to someone else such as the wrong gender, a dead, disliked
or unknown family member or given to them by someone with whom they feel in discord.
Such a name has expectations that the current holder may not wish to comply with or ‘live up to’.
Then of course there is no way in which you can guess what the kids in the playground will do
to a beautiful name or the tone of voice used or an unpleasant pre-fix attached to a name
and the feelings that these may have generated and have not been dealt with.
I know a beautiful and very much loved child with two ‘dead’ names;
I hope that her future continues to be secure.
I know a three year old who changed the pronunciation of his name.
I know a teenager who changed her last name in order to reject her father and step-father.
I‘ve spoken with a number of adults who are referred to daily by a name that in essence
sets their teeth on edge.
I know someone who was buried with a name that her children did not recognise.

The energy surrounding your name is to be cherished and nurtured
and if your name does not belong to you (maybe get help) to make friends with the name
or to claim your right to be who you really are.

Perhaps you’d like to check out my sister blogs:
www.ourinnerminds.blogspot.com              this takes advantage of the experience and expertise of others. 
www.turbochargedreading.blogspot.com      describes the steps to reading in the way your mind prefers.
www.happyartaccidents.blogspot.com         just for fun.

To quote the Dr Seuss himself, “The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn; the more places you'll go.”









No comments:

Post a Comment